Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

3.20.2012

Good News, Bad News

The Good News
I chose a light fixture, bought it, and hung it in under 36 hours.  I am ridiculously indecisive, so this is nothing short of a miracle.  I had lots of help from my sidekick, who is on Spring Break.


To refresh your memory, BEFORE:
Weird shadowy light
Where the 1970's came to die



The Bad News
The paint on our front door started to peel a few months ago.  I decided to test and see what I was dealing with.
Yes, kids.  That is 5 layers of paint. FIVE!  Ugh.  Notice those intricate little details?  Nice huh?  Until I realized I would be sanding all of those pretty little scrolls by hand.  FIVE LAYERS.

Help me Jesus.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that's easy. Buy a new door. The time and energy spent on sanding and repainting could be better invested on other projects.

Casi Morris said...

Paint + sandpaper = $50
New Door = $250

Ethan tells me he'd like to be fed and stuff, so the paint and sandpaper it is! :)

Carmen said...

LOVE the light! also, didn't know you had a blog - - love the layout even more than the light :)

Unknown said...

We have a sander. Want to borrow it?

Casi Morris said...

I have a sander. What I need is a routing tool to get into all those nooks and crannies!

Post a Comment