Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

3.21.2012

P to the A to the I to the N to the T: Don't worry, that sounds awesome in my head

Painting, painting, painting.  I'm having trouble getting coverage over the paneling.  That yucky orange just keeps bleeding through.  I know, I know.  If I'd have used oil based primer it would have knocked it out in nothing.  But I typically go for the no/low VOC paint.  I don't want grandkids with 3 ears who have to mine the Moon for survival.  (In other words, I try to skip the toxic, bad-for-the-environment stuff.)


Alas, my moral obligations outweighed my desire for easy coverage.  This time.


PICS!!!
Paneling just has 1 coat of primer.

Trim has 2-3 coats

See those awesome paper shades on my side windows?  No?  Okay, see those terrible, awful paper shades on my side windows?  Yes?  Good.  I figured out they are called "sidelight windows" (you da man, google).  So now I'm on a mission to make/find on the cheap "Sidelight Window Treatments." I want to do something fun, but you see them from the outside of the house.  SO, yeah. More on that later.

Just to jog your memory:

BEFORE
AFTERish
So everything that's white is what I plan on painting. **  

Another thing, I HATED the wall color, until I painted the paneling, and now I kinda like it.  Too bad I already mucked it up...

**Except maybe the spindles on the banister. Thoughts?

0 comments:

Post a Comment